Sunday, July 4, 2010

Quote of the month - June 2010

I adore Bop Hope - always have. Those "Road" films used to irritate me immensely....I mean, they were great films and all, but I totally hated how Bob never got the girl in the end. I would have gone off with you Bob, and left Bing standing there instead ! (I always preferred the  'class clown' to any 'stud muffin' - gosh, that term is showing my age !!!)

In tribute to one of the funniest of funny men, here are some of Bob Hopes clever one liners - I hope they leave a smile on your face today !!

"I've got to watch myself these days. It's too exciting watching anyone else." - At the age of 91.

"People who throw kisses are hopelessly lazy."

"Lots of travel, away from home." - Explaining his long and happy marriage.

"Middle age is when your age starts to show around your middle."

"A bank is a place that will lend you money if you can prove that you don't need it."

"A James Cagney love scene is one where he lets the other guy live."

"I see the Beatles have arrived from England. They were 40 pounds overweight - and that was just their hair." - in 1964.

"I grew up with six brothers. That's how I learned to dance: waiting for the bathroom."

"She said she was approaching 40 and I couldn't help wondering from what direction."

"If you haven't any charity in your heart, you have the worst kind of heart trouble."

"You know you are getting old when the candles cost more than the cake."

( Bob with Jane Russell )

4 comments:

  1. Wonderful! I was watching a very old black & white movie the other night and I swear Bob Hope couldn't have been more than in his early 20's. He was so suave! Monique xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree about liking class clowns more than "studmuffins" haha don't be ashamed, I applaud you for using such terms.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent ! What a sense of humour !! I love his quotes. Very good choice for the pic with Jane Russell. I love her.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hehe, I haven't seen many Bob Hope films but he sure was funny! =D
    -Andi x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails