Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Three interesting projects.... a book, a painting and some chairs

I have been busy with projects of the non sewing variety.......


A portrait of my children and I......had a dream a few months back of this, and finally got my act into gear and put it together.....quite happy with the result actually ! Love doing this style of painting...


Some newly recovered chairs. These belonged to my Grandmother and were very worn. The atomic style circles were a big risk, but once again, they came up a treat...very happy !


And this is an image from the children's book I have written...full of collages from bits and pieces around the house and in my material stash, it is the story of a tree's journey of self discovery and freedom...very fanciful, and also, I hope, very insightful for my kids and any others who may enjoy it in the future.

What projects have you been digging into this year???

3 comments:

  1. WOW! Those are three amazing projects, but I just have one little one.
    I finally lined up the boxes of pictures, cards, personal ephemera and cards I have collected, over 20 years, and I plan to scrapbook my life in one year.
    Here's to trying!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you kidding me?

    Portrait - AMAZING!

    Chairs - AMAZING!

    You've written a kids book? And you made that collage? AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are pretty handy in painting too, well done...
    arts and crafts

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails