Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Quote of the Month - September 2012

Hope Floats......
 
 
Life is very up and down isnt it?
 I crave the hope that good things will happen and bring joy and happiness, and yet, somehow, I am afraid to hope for these things out of fear I will be disapointed once again......
 
It is a hard lesson, that of staying hopeful and soft hearted in the face of rejection and disapointment....I am not quite sure how it is done.....maybe the passage of time plays a role....
 
M aybe one can hope that the lesson will be of great purpose, even if just for growth in compassion and character........
.
Although character development may not seem to be a very exhillerating thought, it is something to get us through those painful, hurtful times.

One must have hope that good things await around the bend in the road, or the pain of having no hope will leave us deviod of any joy today.
A person must find something to hope for, difficult though that might be to acheive.
 
May you meet people, go places and do things that encourage little threads of hope to weave their way through your life today. Cling to those things. And believe in the goodness of the bend in the road, that you might begin to enjoy the beauty in your life today.
 
 
“That is all I want in life: for this pain to seem purposeful.”
Elizabeth Wurtzel, Prozac Nation
 
“Do you not see how necessary a world of pains and troubles is to school an intelligence and make it a soul?”
John Keats, Letters of John Keats
 
"When I left Queen's my future seemed to stretch out before me like a straight road. I thought I could see along it for many a milestone. Now there is a bend in it. I don't know what lies around the bend, but I'm going to believe that the best does. It has a fascination of its own, that bend, Marilla. I wonder how the road beyond it goes--what there is of green glory and soft, checkered light and shadows--what new landscapes--what new beauties--what curves and hills and valleys further on."
- Anne of Green Gables
 
 
Just a bend in the road
Lyrics by Eddy Arnnold
 
Are you weary and tired of living
Does it all seem to be thankless giving
Don't worry my friend it isn't the end
It's just a bend in the road

Have you reached for someone's hand
And found that's she just doesn't understand
Keep reaching my friend it isn't the end
It's just a bend in the road

It's never the end there's always one more bend
Another day another way a year or two
So walk one more mile remember with the smile
Happiness can afford to lose you

Although at times you feel so lonely
And you try to find someone to love you only
Keep looking my friend it isn't the end
There'll may be someone around the bend in the road
There'll may be someone around the bend in the road
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails