Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Quote of the month - November 2012

“Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.” 
 
 
 
I do not call myself a Marilyn fan. I like too many other stylish women from the last century to single any one woman out as an inspiration. However, the more I read her insights, quotes and life attitudes, the more I think she was really a hugely underrated mind - lost in the appearance, mythology and celebrity of Marilyn Monroe......I wish to spend the next few months sharing MM pearls of wisdom with my readers in my Quote of the Month section. I would challenge anyone to think MM was a clueless, dippy blonde - nothing more than a sex symbol - after this series........

2 comments:

  1. I agree. That woman had a whole lot more brains that people gave her credit for.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you Sen - I'm a big fan of MM, she simply wouldn't have been embraced by so many of the intelligensia is she was a dumb blonde. A very under-rated intellect, it's a pity she didn't get more education but she read voraciously to self-educate.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails